Sunday, June 19, 2005

New girl

Yuri sniggered at me as she got off the phone. "Looks like we're going to have another Holly Mac working here, you're not special anymore." The new girl arrived a bit later for her interview, accompanied by her brother-in-law, the guy who sits next to me in class (who also works at our library). He was immediately suckered into working the desk while Yuri took the new Holly down to meet the head of circulation, and we stood around being very cool and making fun of people. After they left, I asked Yuri if we should warn the new girl that our mild-mannered vegan co-worker is a horndog on the prowl. He might try out his new interpersonal skills on her, as I have been doing my best to teach him how to be a hussy after he sulked at me about being a loser with women. I'm not really the best person to teach him about flirting, but I told him everything I know from the Discovery channel, since he wasn't buying my spiel on serendipity. Poor lonely little vegan.

I'm hungry, with another 3 hours until quitting time, but at 6pm I'll head over to the cafe for some dinner with Yuri while I wait for my mom to get back from her performance at the state fair. Hummus! Fresh pita! Chai!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...hummus...I wish I could be a vegan. Maybe when the kids leave the house!

    ReplyDelete