Saturday, June 18, 2005

sleepy time

Mike managed to revive me a bit as he drove me to work this morning, giving me the chance to sing along loudly with Tenacious D ("... I'm not gonna cook it, but I'll order it from ZANZIBAR!") and we stopped at the cafe for tea and cheesecake before I headed across the street to the library. I'm feeling more myself today, despite the fact that I fell asleep on the couch this morning (I don't like naps). Yuri insisted that my problem was hunger-based, and spread out an array of snacks to join my sad carrot sticks and Altoids (but I just had cheesecake!). She warned me about the bean dip, but we decided that a case of food poisoning would at least give my doctors something concrete to work with.


This had better pass in a hurry, though, because tomorrow will be a hectic day, with Father's Day, the State Fair dance performance, and work. Monday promises adventure, as well, as I have an early doctor's appointment to discuss my blood work, followed by my mother's birthday celebration, class, a group homework session, and open mic night. If I have survived to Tuesday, I might have a few moments to put my head on straight and get focused for my presentation on Friday.

In the meantime, I will be manning the desk, on guard for reporters who might come snooping around to investigate the identity-theft ring that was just uncovered - involving the person who used to have Yuri's job. Our under-rated library is getting some press. Yes, it's not all perverts and smelly salami guys, we have organized criminals here, too!

1 comment:

  1. (crfullmoon)

    Floods and identity theft rings? Libraries sure have it tough in Hawai'i!

    Wishing you good health!

    ReplyDelete