Sunday, January 16, 2005

Working girl

 
Yesterday I spent my first whole day working in the library. I opened up, checked in books, put the newspaper on their wooden rods, made hundreds of xeroxes, and talked with my very funny friend/boss over lunch. I showed her pictures of Mike and she said, "That's that cute guy from the movie theater!" Small island, huh?

 
By the end of the day, my boobs were painfully backed up. Gavin hurled himself at me as I came in the door, and I dropped to my knees and caught him. I think I'm in store for a lot of world's-best hugs throughout the years. He had a hard time nursing off all the milk, but slept like a rock through the night with a full belly. I frowned at the scale in the morning when it told me I had gained back one of the 2 pounds I had lost this week, but one look at my breasts told me where it was. I twirled around to admire myself in the mirror with comic book boobs, then hopped into the shower. As I was shampooing, I spotted a clumsy B-52 cockroach stumbling along the top of the shower nozzle. He dangled by one foot, trying to reach a bead of water, and I had just enough time to say, "Hey, stupid, use two legs!" before he fell on me. He survived my shrieks and flurry of limbs, and in the end I dropped a hair ribbon into the tub where he was paddling and pulled him to safety. He sat on the edge of the tub licking his legs clean until I flicked him in the butt and told him to get lost. Stupid roach. The cats are much better pets.


No comments:

Post a Comment