Thursday, December 30, 2004

Goodbye, Christmas

The tree is being reintroduced to its box at this very moment. Gavin, with the same efficiency he showed taking out the ornaments in the beginning, took down the ornaments and passed them to us for packaging. It was a great season this year, I'm sad to see it go.

Yesterday, Mike took us out too look for New Year's Eve supplies. We bought all the snacks in Costco and were very sad about their lack of drinkable beer. My mother dragged off a huge roast for us to gnaw on. Back at home, I sat around in my newly-clean living room (with thanks to my mother for taking Gavin out while I got the place in order) and zoned out in front of Robotech while my mother annoyed the neighbors by letting Gavin interact with their kids. After the boy was safe in bed, Mike and I snuggled up in front of Garden State while Invader Zim shrieked from my mother's bedroom upstairs.

Today we'll continue our hunt for Guinness, champagne, soda, and fireworks, as Mike winds up for his party tomorrow night at his drummer's house. We all hold out hope that Gavin will sleep soundly with Gabe's babies despite the noise, so that I may stay the night and be designated driver for Mike and my mom. Otherwise, I'm looking at a lonely New Year's Eve with the cats. We will see.

1 comment: