Thursday, February 05, 2026

Robert

Our cousin Robert, a rescue helicopter pilot, was killed yesterday in the line of duty. If anyone tells Tish he died doing what he loved, I am going to punch them right in the face when I get over there. Nobody becomes a first responder because they want to die violently. He saved a lot of people over his career, and he was a funny, kind man. He never said anything cruel or stupid when I spent time with him, he was sharp witted and gentle mannered. He and Tish bought the house grandpa lived in for the last years of his life (and they’re letting Drunk Wife remain there now). Robert regularly rescued injured hikers from the Grand Canyon, and he went down trying to save people during an active shooting in Flagstaff. 

I’m so sorry for Tish, and their son. 


Also, I see you, bots, creeping back in. Kindly fuck off.

2 comments:

  1. I believe any attempt by any outsider, no matter how well meaning, to try and make any sort of comforting rationalization about someone's untimely death should be outlawed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Ms. Moon, but must say I'm so deeply sorry for the loss to you and family. X

    ReplyDelete