You know what takes your mind off all the stupid things you said/should have said in a job interview? Getting a call that your husband was hit by a car on his motorcycle. The person behind him failed to brake when traffic backed up on the off-ramp, rear-ended him, and smashed him into the car ahead of him. A chunk of his bike flew under the car and popped their tire, but at least it wasn’t his head. He’s okay, except for a sprained wrist, a burn on his leg from his muffler, and some minor whiplash that gave him a headache (helmets are heavy). Luckily, he wasn’t pitched into oncoming traffic; he was wearing full safety gear; and he got it all on the bike's cameras.
Three other bikers came into the ER while we were there (it was raining lightly, everyone forgets how to drive), and the ones without leather and helmets were in rough shape. Wear your gear, folks.
In other news:
* 2 out of 3 interviews done. #2 seemed pretty good. Fingers crossed.
* Emailed my painting instructor my value studies, but couldn't make it to class (due to Mike trying to get pancaked between two sedans) to explain why it was such a disaster, and that lead to an embarrassing video critique in my absence where the poor guy couldn't understand where I went so wrong and had to scrutinize the pictures for clues like a detective. (He figured it out correctly, btw, which was almost worse to listen to on the recording. I wanted to crawl inside my own shirt to hide.) Decided to scrap the fair-isle mittens and go with something simpler. Now I just have to set up a new still life, start over from the beginning, and catch up with my value studies before next class.
* My therapy homework was to do pro & con lists for moving/staying/changing careers, etc. Every single list I made had more cons than pros.
I might as well just call a psychic hotline or get a tarot reading at this point. One of my professors once said, "You are going to make errors, so err on the side of the dynamic." He was talking about drawing naked people, but it works as a general guideline, too, I think.
Aw Jeez. I don't even know what to say.
ReplyDeleteOkay. I'll tell you what my ancient anatomy teacher used to tell us: "If you're going to sin, sin boldly."
That really doesn't have anything to do with your situation but listen- if you WANT to do this move, that's the most important reason. Not all reasons are to be counted equally.