Thursday, December 19, 2024

22

For the first time ever Gavin wasn't home for his birthday, and spent it taking final exams in Rochester. We sent him a gift card and a hot meal delivery, and I baked a cake for him when he flew home the next day. All the cats came running out to climb him like a tree when he got in and dropped his bag full of Trader Joe’s candy.

He's now the same age I was when I had him, which is a really weird feeling. He's in his last year of university, has a long-distance girlfriend, drives his own car, and doesn't really know what he wants to do after graduation. His friends are scattered around the country, and the job market is terrible. Nervous for him.

Love this guy so much. I hope year 23 exceeds expectations and everything comes together for him, with a job, a home, a partner, and a kitten. 

Happy birthday, baby boy.



2 comments:

  1. You may have been a young mama, but you were a good mama and only getting better with the years.
    Look at that handsome man you've raised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They grow up so fast.Happy birthday Gavin!

    ReplyDelete