The first hurricanes of the year are heading our way, with a big storm thinking about turning into a hurricane right on top of us, and another hurricane right behind it. Blogger changed its formatting so we can no longer post gifs from the internet, so here is the link to the NOAA satellite view. They should get here by Saturday afternoon.
And of course it's just me and the two younger kids at home this week. Did I remember to get plywood this year? No, I did not. At least the louvres have been repaired, so we can pretend to close the windows by cranking the slats from flat to downward. We have a camp stove and a bucket of apocalypse food from the ballistic missile incident, so I just have to remember to stock up on water and we'll be set. Except for, you know, the windows being as stormproof as a paper bag. The basement is safe if things get bad - so long as the yard doesn't flood and the lychee tree doesn't decide to launch itself onto the house.
Storms hardly ever make landfall on Oahu. Not worried.

As a Floridian who has lived through my own share of hurricanes AND hurricane threats, I understand. This time of year is not fun.
ReplyDelete