Honestly, I love being locked in a room with a television and all my paints and a bottomless mug of decaf.
I also love having the bed to myself, and spreading out like a starfish to sleep. Which is not happening right now because the cats broke into the room and they’re acting like they’ve never been in here before.
I have been watching Dead Loch on Prime with the descriptive audio settings turned on (game changer), and painting a landscape. And then getting mad and wiping it all out because I HATE PAINTING LANDSCAPES. I am done trying to better myself as a painter. Nobody has to be good at everything. There’s a guy on Instagram who only paints trout, and a lady who only paints crumpled wax paper. I will save up some money and buy a landscape from someone who likes doing it, instead.
Still kind of sick, but so far I haven’t sent any embarrassing emails while high on Sudafed, so I’m winning.

You know, I have often wondered why in the world you fret about landscape painting. No- we can't all do everything. And it's not ridiculous to try but still- if it doesn't make you happy and you don't enjoy doing it, then why?
ReplyDeleteNow I hope you get better, better, better, health-wise.
You are so talented. Get well soon. If if doesn't make you happy...screw it.
ReplyDelete