Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Maybe maybe maybe not

The universe is telling me something. 

Applied for a job, my car needed $3,000 worth of repairs.

Applied for another job, needed a root canal and crown. 

Applied for a job, got two more book deals that will keep me busy through next year. 

Applied for a job, got Covid.


Now I am locked in the bedroom. At least I have time to work on illustrations and force myself to paint a landscape.





How did you get Covid? Well, we lost a staff member (moved for military spouse, she’s not dead or anything), so I’m back at the front desk full-time, getting sneezed on by everyone. Also, there were 62 people at storytime this week, with screaming and rampaging and injuries and stolen toys and crying. When I brought out the bin of shakey eggs they tried to climb me like the zombies in World War Z.

So, you know, I have my theories.

2 comments:

  1. The universe does not communicate with us like that. So sayeth Mary. Keep applying for jobs and get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for that job. ♥

    ReplyDelete