*bad feeling intensifies*
It's not anxiety, it's work stress and strange behavior from family members that's bumming me out. But this is not a complaint wagon I am running here - because those same family members are probably reading - so here is EASTER.
Eggs were colored.
There were baskets, and chocolate bunnies, and roasted meat, and little potatoes with crispy sage, and a magic flan cake.
Dept of Breakage
Plucky (my best chicken) had been sitting on duds for a few weeks. When I finally found where she was brooding, I candled the eggs and wasn’t sure what was going on inside them, so I let her keep them for a bit longer. Well, they rotted, turned into grenades, and finally exploded under her this weekend. She came out for Easter covered in wet rotting egg, and I had to help her get her shit sorted. Gave her some haupia pie as consolation.
My cousin broke my tacky tiki statue and then propped it up crookedly to hide the evidence. Found it and glued it back together after hiding treasure inside of it ($1.00). Like Romancing the Stone, but sadder.
Accidentally broke my toe on a casserole pan.
Superglued my finger to a broken seashell I was trying to piece back together.
Zenny tripped and broke a plate full of creamed eggs and biscuits.
Overall, though, pretty good; no blood, and the house is still standing. We win.





Well. Sounds like a family holiday get-together to me. Is it okay to say..."I'm sorry?"
ReplyDeleteAnd yet, your food, as always, makes up for everything. Magic flan cake? Yes? Please?