Monday, February 20, 2023

Wow more horses

This guy looks like a person who was turned into a horse 5 min before posing for his portrait. Blue-eyed horses are scary.

Tape on, tape off

Last week I painted a very long horse, because I thought it was funny, but it really just looks like I don’t know how to draw a horse. I don’t care, it made my kids laugh, anyway.


And then they started singing, “Let me do it for youuuu”

Lent is coming up again. This year I’m going pescatarian, in an effort to boost my fish intake and cut back on animal fats while I work through this weight program (increased dumbbells this week, so I’m making some kind of progress!). Zenny is going with “breaking a bad habit I don’t want to tell you about”, which I assume is something like licking Nutella out of the jar when we’re not looking, and not something like embezzlement or catfishing. Leif is going with “showering more”, because he’s 14. Attainable goals.

But before Lent is Fat Tuesday (and Fat Monday, because why not), so I made a king cake. I didn’t have a plastic baby to jam into it, so I rolled a nice fat dried cherry into the dough before it baked. (The recommended alternative to the baby was a pinto bean, but I’m giving up emergency dentist appointments for Lent, too.)

And then I burned it. I do not know how this happened, it was only in for 25 minutes. It was the opposite of a holiday miracle.


Oh well.

edit: it was perfect in the middle, actually, the crust was just too dark. Bread is very forgiving.

2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful cake! It doesn't look burnt from here. And it's really hard to burn a cake all the way through... I really admire the frosting job. Looks like it's just ready to reach out its tentacles and slither away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me smile. I am glad that you're giving up emergency dentist appointments for Lent.

    ReplyDelete