I have still not figured out how to enjoy New Year’s Eve. My plans are always “hunker down and endure”. We made a nice dinner, watched a movie, soaked our feet in Korean exfoliating slime booties, and when we couldn’t hear anything over the noise we went outside to watch the aerials and hope the chickens didn’t drop dead of heart attacks out of the tree. One of the fireworks blew up too low and an arm of sparkling red fire shot through the yard and almost got Zenny, who had decided that fireworks were not safe and turned to run back onto the porch just in time. It grazed past her butt and hit the house in a shower of sparkles. I kept standing like a goose wrapped in a couch blanket in the middle of the yard, resigned to whatever was happening. Maybe I would find joy. Maybe I would receive a merciful death. Result: neither, because that is adulthood for you.



Great welcome to the new year, same as the old year. We sent NYE on Maui one year- it was quiet except for the traditional blowing of the PU, which sound rude but you know what I mean. Sorry your chickens are freaked and that your little girl nearly got her bottom singed- you could have made a citizens arrest, rounded up the revelers and carted them off to the slammer. BTW bagpipes are excellent weapons, next time.
ReplyDeleteWe had some crazo's in this neighborhood too but not that many so things only got slightly out of hand. I did shout, "Stop it!" from my back porch but not loud enough for anyone to hear.
ReplyDeleteWell. Happy New Year.
Omggg! I also am not a fireworks fan! Garbage...
ReplyDeleteHope you get some rest!
hughugs
Donna