Friday, November 25, 2022

Thanksgiving 2022

Thanksgiving and I usually get along, but this year I just really wasn't feeling it. The cooking marathon started with a caramel tart incident that turned one of my saucepans into a solid lump of sugar with a wooden spoon sticking out of it like Excalibur, followed immediately by a second caramel incident that destroyed my other saucepan and melted a hole through the garbage after the burned sugar lava escaped from the tinfoil containment unit I tried to dispose of it in. Made a pecan pie, instead. 

Everyone else seemed to be having a good time, though, and did not seem to care that I accidentally overcooked the turkey, because nobody even likes turkey anyway and ignored it in favor of the beef. Next year I'm going to roast a chicken, instead, and see if anyone notices.
 


the foods 



 the peoples (except me and Mike, because we are terrible at taking pictures of each other)
 
Gavin made it safely by train to his aunt's house for the holiday, and we were glad to see him on the family zoom, sharing a meal with his grandma and cousins. He'll be home in just over 2 weeks, I can't wait to see him again.


Best dish: the runny Gorgonzola my mother found at Whole Foods.
 
Worst dish: the squash brown butter sage pasta I made for the first time, which turned into a giant gluey yellow wad. That is the last time I take recipe recommendations from hosts of a murder podcast.
 


Happy Thanksgiving, folks.

2 comments:

  1. You were probably due for new pans anyway and nobody needs all of that caramel- You did good!!! Giant gluey yellow wad most certainly could be used for something- you are clever enough to turn it into a wonderful gift for someone you love but not very much. Our thanksgiving turned out great- Daughter in Law did all of the cooking, so...yeah, delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have to tell you that it all looks incredibly good and feasty.

    ReplyDelete