Jury duty was a bust. I tried to appear blandly neutral, but I guess accused child rapists just don't like having children's librarians on their jury. The defendant asked his lawyer to give me the boot, along with the elementary school teacher. FINE. Probably the correct move, actually, because while I was sincerely trying to be a good citizen and an unbiased judge, my brain kept whispering Chester the Molester every time I looked at him. Thanks for that, brain.
Easter was three days of bread baking, tie dying, egg dying, roasted meats, chiffon pie, and childhood trauma mitigation. On Easter morning, Zenny mistook the cats triggering the motion-activated light in the kitchen for me making coffee, got out of bed at 3am, wandered around in the dark, saw the couch blanket on the floor and a rabbit-shaped shadow sitting on the ceiling fan, and ran crying into our bed, terrified. I told her the darkness turns thoughts into monsters and we fell back asleep until the cats jumped on our heads at 6am.
I have a difficult relationship with Easter. Bad things have happened on Easters past, and my mother has childhood neglect issues that come up, so I throw a lot of effort into making everyone happy with good candy, good food, new clothes, and fun activities - then crash down after the kids are in bed with relief that all the major holidays are over until next Halloween.
It’s over, folks. Good job.
Sassy the Mynah
Tie dye
Chocolate buns, meats, Yorkshire pud, etc
Droopy tries his best to carry the basket, eats it instead
Waiting for bread to rise with a drink and a photo app
Just frisbee this straight into my chest next time, thanks












Love Cat Stevens... Everything looks yummy!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a sweet day!
hugs
Donna
Sounds like a splendid Easter Celebration despite some unhappy Memories associated with the Holiday. Our Family has had Deaths around most major Holidays which alter the Festivities considerably, being Celebratory is difficult when Loss is associated with a specific time of significant loss and the Anniversary of it afterwards. The Minah looks so healthy, your Mom is the Bird Whisperer. Yes, good you got off that Jury Duty, I'm retired from the D.A.'s office and Sex Offenders wouldn't be something I could be unbiased about and my Brain would go in the direction yours did.
ReplyDelete