Woke up unreasonably early and it was already 10:30am. What the hell, eastern standard time.
Driving around Rochester, the radio created a time warp by playing all the same songs it was playing back when we were in college and driving around New York as youths. The music cut to talking and after a minute Gavin said, “This is a weird podcast.” Child, I was feeling young until that moment.
Target was full of other parents charging around with carts full of dorm supplies, and other moms pressing warm clothes on teenage boys who looked like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. All the men in New York are wearing black jogger pants, so that is what I bought them. They complained about their ankles, but looked spiffy anyway.
So much walking and shopping
The boy’s first diner
RESULTS
Two story Barnes and Noble! I thought they were extinct!
Sticky Lips Barbecue
Amazing day. Rochester is beautiful and forested and full of houses that look like gingerbread. Screw dirt farming.






I swear to god, I always thought my grandmother was from Rochester. Years later my mother said, "Why would you think that? She was from Albany."
ReplyDeleteWTF?
Would I make up the name Rochester as a kid?
Well, maybe.
Meanwhile, I think your boy is going to be fine. Most likely you will be too.