We gave big hugs and kisses to the aunt and uncles and grandpa, and then ran for it without saying goodbye to Drunk Wife, who was smoking in the laundry room where she hides her booze. "Smell ya later!" I called as we drove away. Vicious.
Drove to Las Vegas at traffic flow speeds that made my hands go white and numb on the steering wheel. The Hoover Dam has been walled off on both sides of the highway since the last time I drove over it, I guess to prevent unpaid sightseeing/panicky drivers crashing at 90 mph into the dam.*
The plane was two hours late taking off while they did math and waited for the temperature to drop a couple degrees so we could actually get into the air. I suddenly remembered again that I don’t actually like flying.
But I'm home. Zenny lost and gained teeth, the chickens murdered my pumpkin plants, the lychees are ready to pick, and the cats immediately stole the expensive yarn out of my travel bag and slobbered all over it. I upended a cooler of Trader Joe's snacks onto the floor for the kids and then napped for most of the day while they sat on me and watched Loki. Everything is right where it should be.
And then I had to go back to WORK. What kind of world is this.
* I was not going 90mph. Speed limit was 65, I was going 69 to keep from being flattened by semi trucks, and that was quite enough thanks

I haven't been back to Vegas in Years, I never liked the Hoover Dam road and those Tweaker Truckers trying to force me into going at Tweaker Speeds that only a Tweaker whose not slept in Five Days would dare. Glad you're safely back Home where all is now Right with the World.
ReplyDelete