Saturday, May 15, 2021

Wheeling

Absolutely outraged that I was not immediately fantastic at pottery throwing. FaceTimed my mother, completely covered in clay slop, and complained. “THIS IS ICE SKATING ALL OVER AGAIN.” On the fourth attempt at making a mug, I made something like a bowl, threw down my sponge, and called it a win. I am a natural at making lopsided bowls, like I am a natural at making a half-turn on ice skates so I slam into the wall with my body instead of my face.

It was a whole lot of fun, and we are going to have the best punching muscles once our arms figure out how to keep up.

Leif made a shot glass 

Such pottery, very wow

Gavin felt soggy after his second vaccination and just supervised 

Zenny made a cat dish

Annoyed about bowls not being mugs

Tomorrow is trimming, which is where you take your nearly-dry piece and carve away all the ugly bits. Or shave holes in your stupid bowl and call it a design feature. We will see.


2 comments:

  1. I'm always outraged when I'm not immediately Fantastic at something... keep on keeping on...

    ReplyDelete