Very important content: my cat laying nude in the window.
A moment later he yawned, fell off, landed on a graduation balloon, and exploded.
I’ve been throwing mugs every evening, partly because it takes at least an hour a day to get good at anything, and partly to stay out of my mother-in-law’s hair. The pottery is accumulating. Still a bit wobbly, but finally getting height. I have a much easier time pulling handles than the boys, which is shocking if you’ve seen how it’s done.
(Not my hands, I’m a lot slower)
Probably because I don't find it counterintuitive to smash them flat afterwards.
Sitting downstairs in the studio, rinsing clay off my aching arms, taking a break in my comfy chair to paint a bit, I felt deeply satisfied.
A rainbow of skill development
My first handles
Waiting to be trimmed and smoothed out
I’d like a lifetime of hours like these.






You deserve a lifetime of hours like those.
ReplyDeleteI would say that you are a pro in twenty minutes of doing a thing, especially pulling handles. Well done you, now everyone wants to marry you.
ReplyDeletePortrait of daughter is Tate worthy, WOW, I gasped and very nearly wept. Such fabulous skill.
Your cat is a saucy tramp. Sorry she exploded- Congratulations Cat! Your graduate looks to be a fine young man who's success at whatever will astound all! Good parenting skills, take a bow.
If you had a Lifetime of Hours like those the World would be filled with the Beauty and we need that! The Nude Cat Image had me rolling, especially since he has a real Cat Porn hilarity about him! *LMAO* Your skill at Mastering the Mug and Handle Pull was impressive and I have to admit... my Mind went to places it probably shouldn't. *Winks*
ReplyDelete