Monday, April 05, 2021

Easter 2021

Edited to add: father in law w/covid got out of the hospital on Easter! He’s still on oxygen, but improving.

Bought a pie that looked like a ring of cats performing a seance. 

Accidentally molested a brooding chicken that I thought was too white around the gills and maybe egg-bound. Got a pecking that I very much deserved.

Find the chicken in my garden shed

Tie dyed in the yard under the banana trees. The gardenias are blooming, the dwarf lime tree has fruits on its branches, and I’ve decided to dig up part of the garden and get weird about hibiscus. One of my library patrons cultivates her own varieties of hibiscus, and I want every variety of double blossom.

Billy and Droopy pulled all the decorative chenille chicks and feather butterflies off the Easter baskets and left their wet, chewed up little bodies all over the floor. It was an Easter morning massacre.

There was a glazed ham, and lemon pie with sky-high meringue, and bocce ball where nobody got clocked in the face. Tick this one off as a success.*

The last time all my offspring will be in the same Easter picture during their childhoods. This swift and fleeting mortal life, I tell you.

Billy, chenille chick murderer

Droopy, chewer of flowers and fake butterflies 


My mother, both arms attached  

It happened again. 
Chickens are better at hide and seek than I am.


Lady, are you okay? Do you need help?
NO. FUCK OFF.

Occult pie cats

I found a filter that adds rainbows and cat hair for enhanced authenticity 

Free form experimentation

So that’s the last big holiday. The next big event is the boy’s high school graduation. I am not ready for that one. Time to knit more hats.


* As I was writing this, something was crunching under the dining table, and I found Billy and Droopy eating all the beef jerky out of my basket. Keeping it on-brand around here.

4 comments:

  1. An entire family of stunners! Even the chicken is gorgeous- what do you folks eat, what ever it is I must have some! Oh, I see, it's PIE! Awesome! I can do that. Looking forward to being gorgeous...Love your blog BTW. You skills, your life, your children, your hens and maybe the cats, not too sure, they have amends to make. They could at least help with the dishes occasionally. Had you named them Sir Reginald and Gentleman Sam , maybe they would live up to their names. Billy and Droopy - just asking for trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your occult cat pie- they look rather like my puffball Tai-cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. That holiday ticked all the boxes.
    Your mother is a stunner. No wonder your family is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Occult Pie is hilarious! Chenille Chick Massacre sounds familiar, I think mine might have been chewed on by Children... or Cats... back in the Day. Broody Hen telling you to Fuck Off makes me reconsider whether I want Chickens or not, we bought a Mini Farm and a part of me now thinks I could be an Urban Farmer, it's a delusion I'm sure. So glad to hear your FIL is out of Hospital and recovering from The Rona.

    ReplyDelete