Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Owls and chickens

Okay, I'm doing a free trial of Noom because the relentless mysterious advertising finally worked, and the first thing I did was try a soup recipe and explode a filling. These people are serious. They'll break your teeth if you don't log your meals.

We're still fixing up the ceiling and studio. There is a bit of a theme developing over here.


Upstairs/downstairs 

Electricians came through and wired up new outlets and a light in the studio. The electricians are the neighbor’s grown sons, and I accidentally left my flayed dick painting out where they could see it. Have fun speculating about what goes on in our basement, neighbors.

The spare rib I painted while I was coveting a painting of a pork chop.

Instead of a ceiling fixture for the new studio light, the teenager talked me into buying a smart bulb. And it’s great. It has dimmer settings and changes to any color you could ever want to light your still life. Just lovely. Until your kids get hold of the app and change it to strobing red. 

Plucky modeled under the warm light and listened to murder podcasts with me. 

Who killed those hitchhikers, Plucky?
(She says it was "Buck". It was only funny the first time, Plucky.)

The girl’s mittens are finished. She’s ready to visit her brother in New York next winter. And she plans to wear them until then, evidently.
 
 “Twilight hands” is the mandatory pose for modeling mittens

And I did actually paint in the cleaned up studio, finally. A little bit. And not very well. Sill counts, though.

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! You've reminded me of how much I love the music from the Detectorists. That series was wonderful.
    So are your paintings and mittens.
    I have a chicken named "Plucky" too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, loved The Detectorists- and Johnny Flynn's music.Could do with a Plucky chicken or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Owl Chandie is Fabulous! A flayed dick painting... interesting.... *winks*

    ReplyDelete