This year the boy earned his driver’s license, applied to colleges, and sat his SAT in a pandemic. His best friend’s parents panicked about the end of the world and moved to Idaho, and the boys conspired to wire the off-grid Big-Brother-proof cabin right back into the digital age in order to play games and trash-talk together every night until they can reunite in college. There is no avoiding the Eye of Sauron with teenagers playing with the palantirs, sorry folks.
He loves cats, he tinkers with computers, he wants to work in AI so he can thwart the Boston Dynamic dogs when they get turned to evil. He sends me cute kitten videos when I'm stuck at the library door, builds sword holders and small furniture with his dad, and would like a full suit of armor, please. Which he would wear.
He's the best kind of person. He'll support your endeavors, join you in boring chores just to make you feel better, protect lizards from the feet of stomping playground kids, and climb into a highway ditch to save a baby animal.
I love him so much.
Happy Birthday, my grown son!











I would be so proud to be his mother or his grandmother. You've done a great job, mama! Happy birthday to him, happy birth day to you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool person! The worm costume is as advertised; I was not expecting it to be quite so right on.
ReplyDeleteHe sounds lovely! I have one like that too! I hope his year ahead is a very happy one!
ReplyDeleteYou've raised a Wonderful Son.
ReplyDelete