Thursday, September 10, 2020

No art content

Tests are all negative, we win.

Lockdown extended another 2 weeks. Case numbers dropping slightly. 

My friend’s house in Talent, OR burned down in the wildfires this week. Here is some current satellite imagery of the west coast fires to worry over (more at https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/satellite.php).

Ruined some paintings over the long weekend. Thinking about it, working out where I went wrong and how to fix it. Staring hard at everyone’s shadow shapes and facial planes.

Stay still, I’m painting you with my brain

Haven’t done a yearly self portrait yet, and the months are getting on. I don’t see how I can get away from this year without including the mask, but I just don’t want to. I already spend ten hours a day in it, I don’t want to sit in it for the next hundred years. Tried posing in it anyway.



Nope. I can just print these and my progeny will know what grandma looked like during the Lost Year. DONE. 

And today I got a new phone. 



Going well so far.

Check in, smoky people.
 

2 comments:

  1. So happy you're all negative. Happy happy joy joy to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lockdown has never really been over for us Old people, sometimes I'm amazed we've lasted a whole year with this shitshow in progress being handled so poorly from the jump. For more than a minute, Arizona had the worst stats IN THE WORLD... and the worst air pollution IN THE WORLD... all in the same Month of the New Year... whoop whoop... well, at least we were No. 1 in something... not that it gave us bragging rights...

    ReplyDelete