Leif had a scary birth. His cord was wrapped tightly three times around his neck, he was blue and limp when they plopped him on my chest before grabbing him away for resuscitation. The seconds of silence between when they took him and when I saw his little fist raise up above the bassinet were some of the longest of my life. When he finally made a small noise they brought him back to me, and with his first big cry the oxygen blushed through his entire body, turning him from floppy and blue to firm and pink in a second. It was amazing. Leif is funny, he bakes, he draws comics about farts, his conversation is full of sound effects and hand gestures. He’s an easy guy to hang out with. I love him so much.
While we were having cake, Mjolnir made it through surgery. He is comfortably back at home enjoying his painkillers. Billy has decided that his shaved flesh feels good on the teeth, and keeps trying to chew him like a corncob when we're not looking.
But we’re fine in our house, with cake and cats. The kids are a bit stir crazy, I accidentally blew up the stove and started a little bit of an electrical fire, and the man has gotten weird about lifting weights and demolishing the fish pond, but things are going okay.
I'm going to paint a landscape this week. I AM.




The cake looks delicious and Mjolnir looks good.I wish him well.Happy birthday Leif!
ReplyDelete