Friday, July 10, 2020

win/lose

Finally got a gold star on my license, through no skill or effort of my own! I don't know which DMV employee went through the declined applications and decided I deserved one, but I could kiss them - if it weren't considered attempted murder under present circumstances.

Still playing phone tag with kitty surgeons, all of whom seem to be on vacation unless we want to come as walk-ins and pay emergency fees. Getting aggravated.

Mjolnir hasn't noticed the hump yet and is happy snogging shoes like usual, so it doesn't seem like an emergency? I DON'T KNOW, that's why people make appointments!

Painted my kid again. I love their little faces so much. Gavin has been hiding his face under a beard, but I'll go ahead and paint him anyway. Nice try, kid.


Started on some roses that have been waiting for weeks to be painted. They are dead now. I kind of like painting dead flowers better, though.

Tried painting those bottom two petals after it got dark, and surprise, they don't match.
Lesson I will never learn.

Reading a book that is juuuuust interesting enough to keep me turning pages (who's going to find that dead body rotting in the woods?), while not having any likeable characters for me to root for (I don't care if they all end up dead bodies in the woods at this point). Listen up, authors of 'contemporary literature': your writing is not any more sophisticated if all the characters are assholes. People crack jokes all the time, especially when they are depressed or nervous. Even assholes. Figure this out. 



1 comment:

  1. It just struck me, reading this, that if I could paint pictures of my children and grandchildren I would never stop doing it. What a freaking awesome gift!
    Frankly, if I could paint anything like you I would never stop doing it. But, you know...
    I agree with you completely on the contemporary literature. Amen. If there's nothing to like about any of the characters it's like going to a party where you can't relate to one person there and don't see one reason to get to know them well enough to possibly care. Not even their shoes are interesting. GET ME OUT OF HERE!

    ReplyDelete