Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Here we go

Hurricane season has started. This gif will refresh to show current conditions.


Hurricanes usually bounce off the invisible shield (the buffer around the Big Island), but this year we have decided to refinance the mortgage, which means nature has been invited to drop a tree on the house. Sorry, everyone.

If the house gets flattened, I'm moving us all to Homer, Alaska, I thought, having finished the Great Alone (good book, sappy last chapter - maybe the author got mad when her editor told her she couldn't have them all get eaten by bears at the end). I found a nice cabin, had some daydreams about all the things I could knit and actually wear, and then Homer was hit by an earthquake.

Fine. Minding my own business.

Edited to add:

Oh, yep, it’s a category 4 now.

And our window louvres are rusted open and busted. Haha, shit.

This is a cool tracking tool.

1 comment:

  1. Here in Florida it is so much the same every summer. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete