Thursday, April 02, 2020

Oh good, another animal

This bronze incense holder has been sitting on one of the family shelves since before I was born. I've never seen it holding incense. It isn't one of my cursed objects - it might be one of the charmed ones. 


After ruining two paintings in a row, it was reassuring and annoying to have this one come off the brush in 2 hours without any trouble at all. Comfort zones are so nice.

Got back home from work in time to catch the across-the-street kids letting their dog chase a stray kitten. Spent two hours trying to get it out of the wheel well of the car parked in front of our house. The car owner came and popped the hood to help us find the cat, and eventually I pulled it free, holding it up like a baby lion for the neighbors to clap politely.

We can not have another cat.

Not happening, mister ginger britches.

But he’s a bit wild, and the humane society won’t keep feral kittens, so we’ve got to soften him up and find a sucker to take him.


Kitten and suckers

Animals get up to a lot of shenanigans when we’re not at home to bust them.

(Dartagnon is doing just fine, btw. He’s clucking around acting like being shot and stuck in a cardboard box was just another day at the chicken office. He deserves a promotion from #3 backyard rooster.)

4 comments:

  1. Hello, SUCKER!
    Ginger Britches.
    Hurray to Dartagnon! He definitely deserves a promotion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor kitten. I hope the neighbourhood kids were severely reprimanded.I'm glad Dartagnon is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, they told the kids to get rid of it, like it was a bag of poo. I gave them the eyeball, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aargh!- I wish you could beam it up(down) to South Africa. We are in lockdown with no animals to hug. I have to make do with the garden birds and lizards(not to hug of course)

    ReplyDelete