Taiwan cancelled the robotics event, but the airlines didn't, so now everyone on the team is out $1000. Before I could be bothered by this, the kids and I came down with fevers and coughing, and we got to tell the doctor that yes, we had been around airports, and now I'm getting phone calls from the CDC. Don’t worry, it’s strep, not plague. All the streps that are fit to strep - throat, sinus, skin. Did you know you can get strep infections in your
skin? I DID NOT. The only bandaids we have are novelty ones shaped like strips of raw bacon, which isn’t much of a disguise. And hey, strep can make you barf, too. I got the variety that comes with concussive sneezing, which is at least the one with the most comedic value. Especially when we’re eating soup.
March is going great.
Silver lining, I'm home making lots of tiny cat paintings.
I don’t like the red one.
By the time this passes, the epidemic will probably be over, and we will step out into the empty streets of a Cormac McCarthy novel, wheeling our carts through the echoing aisles of Costco, which are fully stocked except for the shelves of toilet paper.
Why all the toilet paper, folks? You cannot eat toilet paper. Inevitably, though, we will end up having to fight the toilet paper people, who actually did somehow manage to survive thanks to their barricades of Charmin.
Anyway, while all this has been happening, one of the chickens managed to squirrel away three eggs before Mr. Handsome and his cock-a-doodler were relocated three weeks ago, and now there are fresh-baked chicks peeping around the back yard. They rolled down the basement stairs and got stuck in my studio, so I had to endure a pecking from their mother to carry them back out. Good thing we have about 200 of these bacon bandaids.
I am tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment