Back to work this week. Whatever virus prevention people are doing, it does not include avoiding the public library. Or Costco. I stopped by for milk after a mid-week dentist’s appointment and the place looked like the day before Superbowl. There were minor scuffles over carts. A pregnant lady in a mask tried to fight me for a cart I was retrieving for her, then ran away with it and wiped the spot I’d touched. I get it now, this is why people are hoarding. Not to survive a plague, but to survive the other shoppers.
And that is why I now have a 10-lb bag of pancake mix and 3 month's worth of pasta.
Painted the new chicks over the weekend. They are so cute I want to smash them.
7x9, the least practical size for framing
butts so fluffy
tiny yellow comb
I could happily make my living just painting chickens. And I might get my chance, the way things are going.
How's the scene in your parts, folks?




I've got the Country Joe and the Fish "Fixin To Die Rag" in my head. That's pretty much how it's going for me to today.
ReplyDeleteYour chicks are wonderful, though. They truly are.
Hi Holly, Mjolnir looks so proud and strong, just like Thor's companion. Yep, the red cat painting never looked likable in the first place! "British art competition where painters get 4 hours to panic and ruin a painting in front of a live audience" you left me in splits! Good progress in the portrait paintings, hope you share more. Take care.
ReplyDelete