Wednesday, February 12, 2020

nah

Did not go down to Kalihi to make prints on Monday, so I missed the mid-afternoon machete attack. Gotta do better than that to get me, Kalihi.



The winter rain arrived, blowing trees and chickens all over the place and knocking out half the street lights, so every intersection became Fury Road. We stayed inside and baked cookies. Made some progress on the painting of the boy. He shaved his baby beard after this, but TOO LATE. It is captured for the ages now, kid.


Got back to the library and discovered that someone had Hulk-smashed the book shed again. People keep thinking there's something important locked in the plastic shed behind the library - but what, exactly? What would a library keep in a plastic outdoor shed? Bricks of gold? Cases of liquor? Valuable electronics? It is full of old books, folks. But if you're ramped up on meth, a plastic shed is like a giant oyster shell, and if you believe hard enough and summon the strength to crack it open with your bare hands, there just might be something magical inside. And there is, depending on how you feel about torn cookbooks and old copies of Reader's Digest, but they never seem to take anything. Pity.

In knitting-in-front-of-the-Witcher news, I have been repeatedly starting and ripping out my knitting, trying to make a cardigan out of one ball of leftover sock yarn. It's not going to happen, but I don't want to buy more yarn because... well, because I did, in fact, order more painting panels. Kind of a lot of them. Any time I say I'm not allowed to buy something until I've used up what I've got, it is a sign that I already have a full online cart that I'm about to click "submit" on after my Sunday pint of Guinness. That is nature, there is no point fighting it.

And while I was mangling my knitting, I mentioned that I read on the news that some blind person had declared Robert Pattinson the most Handsome Man in the World. The news did not say who declared this - maybe his mother? - and then, as I was saying this, I noticed that Mike was nodding thoughtfully, like this made perfect sense to him.

"No. How can Robert Pattinson be the most handsome man in the world when whoever plays Geralt is also in this world? And Yennefer. And the horse. That is a very handsome horse."
Mike looked like I had slapped him. "GERALT? Look at him."
"Yeah, and?"
"And his face. His nose is all messed up."
WHAT.



 I have to divorce him again, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment