Where I am
Under deadline, 4 days to go. Been reading Rainbow Rowell between illustrations; the Simon Snow books were very fun, Landline kicked my guts out. Varnished some paintings. Accidentally dripped solvent onto the onion painting. Watched JoJo Rabbit with the boys and loved it a lot. Been listening to Radio Rental podcasts in the car, hosted by Dwight from the Office.
This weekend I had a book signing at Barnes and Noble for the new children's book, which I didn't tell anyone I was working on because I am terrible. Ate a kim chee pork burrito in the food court and my author didn't push me out of my chair for ignoring her suggestion to draw eyelashes on the bird, so it was a successful event.
Smiled for two solid hours with a mouth full of miniature candy canes so I wouldn't have to make conversation or breathe spicy cabbage on anyone
My oldest friend came to visit a couple weekends ago. He stood patiently while I hugged him for way too long, patting my shoulder, because he's weird about hugs but he knows that I know he'll allow it. We talked for 4 hours, and he was gone again.
It was like plugging in your dying phone and getting a 3% charge before having to unplug it. Enough to get on with, barely.
It was like plugging in your dying phone and getting a 3% charge before having to unplug it. Enough to get on with, barely.

Please tell us what the book is. I want it!
ReplyDeleteIt's called "Saving the Fairies". It is not about fairies. It's about sea birds.
ReplyDelete