She's kept the baby alive for two days now, with heating pads and tiny syringe of baby bird formula, toted around in a little plastic box lined with napkins. The original nest she pulled from the old AC unit did not come home with her, because it had been cleverly insulated with a used condom. Imagine the proud parents building that nest, flying across the highway with a condom flapping behind them like a wind sock, causing double-takes from the morning commuters. The wonder and beauty of nature.
Meanwhile, the kitten has been named Mjolnir (MEOWL-nir). "Only the worthy can lift this kitten," Gavin says. "Watch this," he reaches out his arm and waits, and the kitten comes flying across the room to meet his hand. "Except, by naming him after Thor's hammer, he's probably going to get so heavy that nobody can pick him up at all.” Well, he’s figured out the bottle, so he’s on his way.
I managed to get a couple of small paintings done before the kitten took over my workspace, too.







Naked little baby bird. I wish it the best.
ReplyDeleteAnd that kitten. I has your heart right along with your bosom. Love it.