Chocolate mousse is out of favor because it's full of heavy cream and egg yolks and raw egg whites, and it has been replaced in the modern recipe scene with "silken mousse" made with
tofu. Well, folks, I have tried this "you'll never believe it's healthy!" concoction and I am here to tell you that it is pureed tofu. You scrape perfectly good melted chocolate into the blender with a hunk of bean curd and whizz it together into a goop that bears no resemblance to mousse at all. Delightful. The possibilities are endless:
tofu + brown sugar = flan
tofu + gravy = mashed potatoes
tofu + clams = chowder
Fry it with cheese and it's scrambled eggs! Microwave it with raisins and it's oatmeal! Freeze it and it's ice cream! You'll never believe it's not the thing that it isn't!
SURPRISE it's tofu
I mean, I still ate it, but consider yourselves warned.
No comments:
Post a Comment