Sunday, May 26, 2019

Memorial Day weekend

Rough week. But a bird was rescued, and a fence was painted, and afterward we had a beer under the lychee tree in the summer heat and I felt good things about life as a whole. 

The painting is nearly there, underdrawings for the next paintings are ready to go, and I have been doing research about silversmithing. Gavin is building a forge in the backyard anyway, so I can cast some jewelry with the same equipment. Have been carrying around a little ball of sculpey, trying to worry it into the shape of a bat or a cockroach or a tiny toad. We’ll see.




Having some bbq. Happy weekending, folks.





2 comments:

  1. I know I keep saying this but- what an artist you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! My painting productivity has dropped with summer coming, so that's nice to hear.

    ReplyDelete