Thursday, December 06, 2018

WIP: the honeybee helmet

This week I learned that central vacuuming exists. If this seems like a very sad thing to learn so late, shut up, Hawaii doesn't even have windows that close. Our homes are single-thickness, there are no spaces for vacuum hoses or mummified cats or people secretly living in your walls. We use brooms for the dirt, and the cockroaches clean up the crumbs. And the rats clean up the cockroaches. It is a time-tested floor cleaning system.

Anyway, I started a painting of my mother's helmet. It matches her motorcycle.



I am also working on a painting that will earn me a Trader Joe's care package. Friends, if you want to commission a small painting of your pet or motorcycle or something else I'm not pressured to nail the exact likeness of, I accept payment in regional products that we can't buy in Hawaii; smoked fishes, maple candy, pickled eggs, moose butter, that kind of thing. I am not trying to earn a living off painting, I just want to enjoy myself, make some people happy, and eat things.

No comments:

Post a Comment