After the demo ended, everyone scattered instead of wanting to go out and eat. The city is fun, but perhaps in the way a survival video game is fun. On 23rd Ave I went walking along under the seasonal lights, looking for a good place to eat, and ended up getting chased by a homeless guy screaming "YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE MADE THAT COMMERCIAL, JESUS IS GOING TO PUT YOU IN JAIL". So I jog-strode with all the don’t fuck with me I’m a tough city person indifference I could muster back the way I had come and ended up at the Elephants Delicatessen, which was packed and noisy with laughing people at long gleaming deli cases full of cakes and soups and breads. Ate a fish taco, video-game-maneuvered my way back to my room around a guy with his legs wrapped in dirty towels and a skateboarding youth in a full fuzzy blue shark onesie, locked and barricaded the door, and now I’m working on my value studies for class tomorrow. Well. I’m not, because I’m typing on my phone in my pajamas and contemplating video-game-murdering the screaming college kids in the adjoining room and collecting all their coins for my bag of holding, but that is the plan.
Making the value studies is the plan, not the murder. To be clear.





No comments:
Post a Comment