Tuesday, May 15, 2018

strangling hands appeased

In this last week before summer break, normalcy visited briefly and I had Monday to myself again. Put a loaf of bread on to rise, spread out my paints, and worked on my backlog of moleskine drawings.

The legs got away from me, but the fluff was a lot of fun to paint. 


Leif is a hard character to catch a good likeness of, but I think I finally got him.



In other news:

* took a couple of eggs that our hen laid in the basement and stuck them in the fridge. We had run out of room in the egg carton, so I carefully put them in an open box of beer. Yelled to family, "CAREFUL WHEN YOU OPEN THE FRIDGE, THERE ARE DOS EGGIES IN THE DOS EQUIS." Felt great sense of accomplishment.

* spent Mother's Day with my mother. This was fun, except for her latest home improvement. Of all the rich cultural and technological innovations of Japan, the thing that most entertained her was the bidet in every toilet. So she came straight home and ordered an installation kit. Now her toilet shoots terrifying jets of cold water right up the unsuspecting undercarriage, and she laughs at the screams.

* the kids found an Easter egg in the board game cupboard. A hard-boiled one. It smelled like rotting butt. We laughed very hard and then put it in the trash can, where it will sit until one of us forgets about it and smashes some garbage down on top of it until it breaks. Then we will have to burn the house down.

* to delete later: therapy is happening. Not sure what the end goal of this thing is, but I am being a sport and coming along. So far I have cried about being sad that maybe I'll never feel deep love and connection with another person ever again - that I'll just hold onto this want and then die. She said she thinks I will feel feelings again. I asked how a person goes about doing that. She said she didn't know. So that is going well.

* amazing bread recipe has been unlocked, which I will share in next post. Everyone must make it immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment