There was a party, and it was good, and I am so glad it is over.
I made deviled eggs with the whites dyed green - just the same as last year. "I don't eat green eggs," the cousins said, as if green eggs are actually a thing that people are faced with so often that they can develop aversions. I made pizza rolls. "I don't actually eat pizza very much," said the cousins. There was a fruit platter. "I only like bananas." And a strawberry ice cream cake. "I'd like it if it was just cake and no strawberries." And just like last year, they ate everything anyway, because these are kids who think that being picky eaters makes you interesting, and that not getting fat means not letting anyone see you eat the entire plate of appetizers. I let the older cousin palm pizza rolls and chew them silently with his back to me for an hour before reminding him that it's a party and he's allowed to eat the whole plate if he wants to. He then stood bent over the platter and stuffed his mouth with them until they were gone. I got myself a drink.
No comments:
Post a Comment