Friday, March 11, 2016

Words!

I know I have been posting a lot of pictures and not a lot about other things, so here is the run-down.


I SUBMITTED THE THINGS. The manuscript and illustrations have been sent off to agents, and I am avoiding my phone because every time it buzzes - or does not buzz - I start fretting. Have been drawing girls with birds, instead. And now I can't find my phone, so I hope nobody needs me to do anything.

Meanwhile, the boy came in 2nd place for his robotics programming competition. In the country. Which is great, but it's just one place short of the world finals in Kentucky (wtf, Kentucky? When did you become the world destination for robotics? Update those "robot uprising and overthrow" point of origin maps, folks). But just to drag it out further, he's the understudy if the first place nerd can't make the flight. So now we have to find some 13 year old and push him/her down some stairs. WORK WORK WORK.

The small girl is potty trained. Mostly. Except if it's cold, and her footie pajamas zip from the ankle so she'd have to get naked to use the toilet, and I can't blame her for that one, so we are still in pull-ups at night. Well, she is. I'm ok.

On the needles: more socks. I know.

On the radio: after that last fit of shmoopiness, I have stopped listening to the radio. We are listening to the Amber Spyglass, by Phillip Pullman, instead.

On the netflix: An Honorable Woman. Which is a good show that is hard to watch while knitting, because they switch from English to Arabic frequently and sneak around doing silent things, so by the time I hear a gunshot and look up from my sock, my favorite character is dead.


Next: more girls with birds, and a St. Patrick's Day birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment