Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Waiting

The hospital would not return my mother, despite the success of the longer-than-anticipated surgery. I am pleased to report, however, that she managed to get two cups of coffee delivered to her outside of the mandated post-op diet, so it seems likely she'll be set to go in short order. "I am ze squeaky wheel!" she texts. That's ok, then.

In the meantime, I'm changing her bedding and cleaning the fridge and vacuuming the house to get the place ready for convalescing. Also drinking all her Sumatran coffee and eating her furukake chex mix.

Here are some things from this week:

I made a pillow. 

quilt-as-you-go log cabin, with Anna Maria Horner fabrics

The boy lost three teeth in two weeks, and scared me with a grinning mouthful of blood. The tooth fairy rummaged my quarter jar. Damn it. She should plan ahead.

Teeth are exhausting.

Zenny started washing dishes. It's really weird.


Gavin is finishing the school year at my mom's, so I only see him on the weekends, and I know that's more than I would see him at Hogwarts, but it is not easy. He's got a special bond with her, though, and I'm glad he has his very own adult while I'm overrun with little people. 


I am bad at crusts. But good at spinach pie.


I frogged the Shetland and made something simpler. Kind of.


Strange dark sky of clouds and wind on this subdued post-surgery day of waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment