Thursday, February 19, 2015

Oh Shetland

My cute end table is painted in stupid matte paint, so every scuff and grody toddler fingerprint shows up on it. It needs a runner, I thought. Maybe something out of that crochet thread that's been in my stash for 7 years. On tiny needles. Using 200 year-old lace patterns written in code we no longer use.

I was so inspired that I grabbed my ball winder and clenched it between my knees in the car, the skein wrapped around my arms, winding until I was snarled into a cocoon and mike needed to extricate me from the passenger seat. He took away the thread, looped it across his hands, and had it wound in about 30 seconds. Show off.

Four days later, I have 4 inches of runner.


I could have just sewn something. 


I forgot to mark my spot and had an error around row 23, but I am calling it a design element. Sorry, ancient Shetland tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment