Tuesday, December 23, 2014

terrible monster hunter



and fail to read Signs of Great Import.
In the darkest part of solstice, the power went out. Rain that had been lashing the house and toppling trees suddenly fell silent. The darkness and quiet woke me, and I stretched my arms up over my head, dangling my hand between the bed and the wall. Something touched my finger. Something which felt very much like someone else’s finger – firmly, right on the tip of mine, boop. I rolled over, tucked my hands under a pillow, and my foot disentangled from the blankets. There was a pause, and then something – something like a finger – carefully traced the top of my bare foot.
“Gawd, stop,” I said.
And I fell asleep again as the rain roared back into life.
So there we are. Worlds converge, darkness falls, a creature stirs, and I couldn’t be arsed to defend humanity. Sorry, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment