Friday, September 13, 2013

fails and fails

So I ran over a screw. And a nail. Now the bronze class fee is patching together our tires.

And then I got a rejection from one of the agents. It wasn't unexpected, and it was very kind, with good feedback to push me in the right direction. I'm taking the advice, and working on some samples to demonstrate my "signature". 

So that's progress, at least. It's hard to feel like you're going anywhere when your life has shrunk to the dimensions of a play mat, the hours marked by nap times. You become a creature of breasts and lap and fistfuls of hair, stretching to the end of the invisible tether to cook and shower and drink an entire cup of coffee uninterrupted. These months are fleeting, and this baby is easy and funny and loving, so I am not unhappy, but when the time shrinks around you, the wanting starts to press tight to its edges.

I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment