So I'm sewing things again. My aunt took the boys away for beachy cousin activities, and my brain ground to a halt. The baby went down for a nap, I vacuumed, did dishes, and sat on the couch bobbing my knees, trying to remember what I used to do when I had a brain that functioned. Put on Pandora, trusting the internet to know what to do (because guess what is still stuck in my head? JOLENE. AUGH), and found an old shirt of mine with the elastic blown on the sleeves.
I cut it up, shook cats off it, pinned pinned pinned, laid my hands on my machine in silent prayer - work, motherfucker, or I'm trading you in for a bedazzler - and made a little gathered dress.
IT WORKED!
Every time I dress the kid in clothes I like, people ask, "Ooh, did you make that?" which kind of makes me question my taste in garments, but at least it gives me a reason to just go ahead and make the damn things.
High-five, self.
I did not yet make the underpants to go with it, but someone gave us a pair of baby skinny jeans, so I gave those a try. Getting a baby into skinny jeans is like getting a pig into a pair of skinny jeans. Adult hands are too big to fit up the leg holes to grab the fat little feet, so you have to squinch them up over their hams like pantyhose. But the end effect?
Totally not worth it.




No comments:
Post a Comment