Sunday, July 28, 2013

flame suit doesn't fit well

The baby is sleeping and happy again after a few days of fever and crying from her 4 month shots. After I mentioned it, a friend of mine posted a passive-aggressive article about autism and immunization on facecrack; an article without any citations to actual research, starring the scientist who was discredited for faking his data. I will believe in a link if a link is established - that is how science works. In the meantime, I will accept the hypothetical risk of a percentage of autistic children with the shots, against the known percentage of dead babies without them. I'm not going to get into a wank-fest with someone I like - not on medicine, food, politics, or money. I once offended a good friend by saying that photos printed on canvas were tacky and stupid. I still think they are, but I kind of like having friends. And to support these people I care about, I'm making an effort to be more vocal when confronted by sexism, homophobia, and racism. I turn purple and look like Marty Feldman when this happens, but I'm working on it.

This is one of the duties of the no-longer-idiot-20-something-year-old. Along with wearing big earrings and drinking expensive scotch.

No comments:

Post a Comment