Tuesday, January 15, 2013

turtles and bread

My mom's procedure went without incident, apart from my appalling city driving.

So things are back to the usual slow roll. 


This is still happening. And I am down to one pair of pants that fit. Will be improvising some sheeting for the final weeks.



I baked bread that looked like a turkey.



Ran out of yarn on the second kilt hose. Ordered more, in scant quantity. While waiting, started a new project, which I will also run out of yarn for.


(Improvised toddler verson of the Intertwined Cables Pullover)

The kid has just this week made a brain connection between letter sounds and the words he wants to write. I attempt to help pad this vital thread of brain fat with repetition and piles of buttered bread.

I like the slow pace of things, but have started thinking about being one of those knitters who solves crime while drinking tea and cutting witty remarks. So far, have been spying on the neighbor kid, who appears to be dealing drugs at the dialysis center, using a basketball as his secret signal. Haven't figured out exactly how to go about sleuthing, being as a) nobody has died conveniently on my lawn and b) the neighbor kid has known me for 10 years and will probably recognize me. Crime solving is hard. Just need the right shoes, probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment