Sunday, August 19, 2012

all the fails

Things are derailing, as they do when you get pulled along by someone because you don't want to hurt them by yanking your hand away and staying on safe ground. I once found myself trapped for a week at vacation bible camp because my high school boyfriend snowballed me into signing up, even though the roster of other campers looked suspicious. I suppose the good thing that can be said about this type of gullibility is that it almost always results in an adventure. The party you shouldn't have been at, the nudity that should have been avoided, the vehicle you shouldn't have tried to operate, the masseur you shouldn't have trusted, the drink concoction you were volunteered to taste test - adventure! Adventures are usually no fun when they're happening, though.

So I have done what I did at vacation bible camp; called my mom and cried to come home. I've also sent a whole bunch of flaily, hysterical emails to sarahapple, who mustered the forces and cried DEATH MATCH!

So next Friday TUESDAY (because I still can't count), we will be posting a new death match challenge. The theme: SPOILED EXPIRED MILK. Here's hoping it doesn't end up in a pile of torn scraps like all my other recent projects. I've already broken my sewing machine and taken to stitching the whole thing by hand. Can do this.

6 comments:

  1. Great. Wondered where you'd been. Now you're trapped and I don't know any Luke Skywalkers to come rescue you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an exit strategy. I might be dumb as a bag of nails about human behavior, but I'm pretty good at yelling RUN AWAY and fleeing before the cows start landing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's expired milk. And that's why I'm so helpful. I am super bad at real human emotions, but fantastic at distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, crap. Well, I'm going ahead with my first idea, and will BS it at the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only know because I had to check 7 times on twitter and then still did a sketch for "sour milk." But EXPIRED. Like my energy and looks

    ReplyDelete