Sorry, no, 'Tin Tin' has already been checked out.
I realize this analogy seems harsh, but none of the normal hobos will go near these guys. Not sure where he found them.
My co-worker went to get the mail and stopped someone who was beating up a homeless guy on the street corner. She got in his face, told him off, got the cops, and called his mom. It was beautiful.
Meanwhile, the kid I pulled out of a pool in 9th grade is running for Senate. And his new album won a bunch of local awards. I am insufferably smug about how he's turned out - as if I'd done any work at all since whacking his head off the pool deck in 1993.
Also, my pen is poised over my time-travel to-do list, just in case he turns out to be an evil overlord, after all.
Yesterday, a teen fell off this bridge and died while trying to take a picture over the guardrail:
We have to drive through herds of tourists clogging the bridges every time we go to Costco. Seriously, visitors, they are fucking huge cliffs with raging waterfalls and rivers under them. There is mud, and slippery moss, and crumbling rocks, and one-lane roads where drivers will zoom around and scare you into losing footing. One of our patrons pulled this kid out of the water, our emergency guys brought him in, and my doctor declared him dead. Hopefully not on the same table I have to have my lady-business exam on. DO NOT PRANCE AROUND WITH CAMERAS ON THE EDGES OF CLIFFS, FFS.
Home, to my knitting and children and dinner. I like a calm and quiet life, because damn.

Oh, man, THIS is why I'm afraid of heights. Stay away from the edge, dumbasses!
ReplyDeleteYou are making me scared of Hawaii.
ReplyDeleteThat's all we have, to compensate for the lack of poisonous creatures or predators. Nature is out to murder us all.
ReplyDelete