Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter 2012

This is the first time ever that I have had a holiday without either my mother or the man. It was okay.

Six children, four adults, a carpet of empty chocolate wrappers, kiddie pool, egg hunt, dance party, and MORE BOOZY JELLO. Evidently the key to pulling off a successful spread of ribs, fatty fat fat (tomato-cheese pie), casserole, mashed sweet potatoes, and pecan pie is the simultaneous consumption of a bottle of champagne and a few handfuls dainty spoonfuls of pina colada suspended in gelatin. I only dropped the ribs off the baking sheet into the oven once, and totally grabbed them out before they could catch on fire. Which, incidentally, you should not do with your bare hands unless you've had way more jello.

I still mangled the mold, but it all tastes the same in your mouth.

The kids left carrots and a paper with "sign here" for the Easter bunny again - and, again, the bunny ate the paper and gnawed up the pencil. I have to explain every year about rabbits not being able to read and write.

AND - drum-roll with pencils and travel mug - I am working on two more books. My royalties are starting to be able to pay for more than a plate lunch.

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea that Satan left spoor!

    Am happy about the book-gig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! wish I'd been there. Looks like the best Easter ever. Mine sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Heather! I am trying a new medium for the first time. Which is TOTALLY a good idea on a tight deadline.

    Aline - what happened? I was really kind of sad not to have family around to bring teh dramas.

    ReplyDelete