It isn't really week 1.
Week 1 happened 5 years ago. I watched the car drive away, turned away from my father-in-law's front door, and realized that everything had changed. I was standing in the first minutes of a long walk through a lot of years. I think Oliver Stone did a rack focus on me.
But in this most recent reset, things are easier. Still complete shit, with the lonely nights and detached limbs and financial landmines, but not bleak or hopeless or lost. I'm just hanging around, with the dinner dishes and bedtime stories and laundry folding and bitten fingers from pilling my asshole cat (who is still peeing on everything, just more comfortably).
There is some laying around on the floor listening to Led Zeppelin, the Black Keys, trashy angst rock, and the Muppets with John Denver.
and noticing that the rug smells funny
And I drew a bit.
Gave up on knitting when I got to the armpits, because armpits take counting and I am too damned lazy. And because the cat barfed on it. Twice. In the same spot. I hate her so much. She's just lucky she's so skilled at tap-dancing, or there would be no reason to keep her.
There is the shmoopy shcarf, which I have been adding a row to every day based on my feeeelings. The yellow was clearly a waste of $2.99.
read from the bottom up
Grownup bed! Slept in! All night! Memory foam causes instant comas. It's magical stuff.



times like these when we wish cat's could just talk!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome drawing.
Hope you get some rest from it all.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI can only think of dirty jokes about wolves now. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteWell, that pretty much describes the local dating scene.
ReplyDeletesweets get your cat some UTI and or renal special diet food. If that doesn't work ship cat to XFH and have her pee on his stuff. cosmic justice wanting to happen perhaps.
ReplyDeleteabrazos~~~
You so don't need the cat's antics no matter how good the tap dancing!
besos~~~~~~